Sunday, October 4, 2009

What the Vampire Craze is All About




So I was just sitting around when I noticed a poster for the New Moon movie that is coming out soon. And then I got to thinking about all the plethora of Vampire books/movies/TV shows that are all pretty hot right now. So the main three that come to mind are the Twilight (saga), True Blood, and The Vampire Diaries (both TV shows). I was just thinking about what all of these were about when I realized how much of a female fantasy all these things were, because essentially all these books (that are now TV shows or movies) are about one "normal" girl who is stuck in a love triangle with two vampires. How is this not every girl's fantasy, well not necessarily the vampire part, but to have TWO amazing guys (with special powers) trying to get with you. Especially when the guy has been around for 1000+ years (but looks like he is 25), seen all types of women, and is still fascinated only by you. Anyone else think it odd that the central theme to all three of these books essentially comes down to a love triangle.

2 comments:

Domesmita said...

I wish there was another twilight book coming out...

kedsarecool said...

i always hate myself for reading them but in a couple months (prob after watching the new moon movie) i'm going to start reading number #3.