Monday, September 14, 2009

Gossip Girl Season 3 Premiere


So today was the premiere of Season 3 of Gossip Girl (GG). I tuned in at 8, only to find that they had changed the time to 9. Drat. But in the end that was probably a good thing because I actually got about a 1/2 hour of work done before tuning in at 9. First off, there were so many things weird about the episode. Like the fact that I couldn't really remember anything that happened last season. And also, sadly, that I failed to really care about what happened to any of the main characters, except for Chuck and Blair. I'm not sure why, but apart from the great clothes (minus Serena who in my humble opinion is just waaaay overdone) all the story lines were just too played out. I mean all the girl characters have already been with all the guy characters....TWICE. Hah. I think I'll give it another go next week, but sadly it has definitely lost that newness factor, something that happens even to the best of shows and I suppose it is hard for writers to keep thigns fresh by the 3rd season, especially for a show that has always relied on a lot of buzz and shock value.

No comments: